Wednesday, January 9, 2019

FEMA and state farm

   This year is off to a great start. FEMA trailers are a fun place to homeschool. While the house sits there waiting to be approved for restoration by the county we dream of sugar plums and... I mean tile flooring and Whirpool washers and dryers. The local laundromat is also an interesting place to homeschool, particularly with an extremely energetic and precocious 18 month old in tow.

   Today the county inspector will be out to test the moisture levels in the house. FEMA will also make an appearance, despite the government shutdown, to inspect the trailers. Oh the irony. Today also marks a week since our sole Florence surviving vehicle was totaled by a 16 year old in a 2016 Toyota Camry. While I absolutely love our 2018 Toyota sienna minivan rental with seat warmers I must admit I find it unfair that the insurance company only offered us $4,700 for our 2008 Chrysler Town and Country. Is it me or is it an injustice that state farm gets to sell it at auction and recoup some of the money from our totaled property. What a racket... I don't want to sell my van. I want the insurance money I'm owed for it being destroyed. Insurance companies are nothing more than a scam approved and supported by the government. 😠

 

No comments:

Post a Comment